MultiChoice South Africa’s activities involve the operation of Pay-Television and internet subscriber platforms. The MultiChoice South Africa group includes the digital satellite Pay-Television business (“DStv”), which has been in operation since 1995.
Other businesses in the group are; M-Net (delivers thematic channels and exclusive content to DStv subscribers) and SuperSport (provides comprehensive coverage of local and global sport).
DStv Media Sales (commercial airtime sales and on-air sponsorship), DStv Mobile (mobile television content and services), MWEB (internet service provider), DStv Online (delivering entertainment content and services from the MultiChoice family to customers via breakthrough technologies), Commerce Zone (e-procurement solutions) and Smart Village (gated community services) also form part of the group. MultiChoice’s involvement in South Africa goes beyond it’s core business.
Through its corporate social investment, the company actively participates in social transformation and, through technology, enables individuals and communities to help themselves.
The Organisation The Video Entertainment segment of Naspers is a broad-based multinational media group headquartered in South Africa and Dubai with principal operations in pay television and video entertainment. The group operates in almost 50 countries in Africa. Its holding company, Naspers, is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). International investors account for around 50% of its shareholder base.An African platform operator, Video Entertainment’s expertise lies distributing media products, creating media content and selling advertising. Its key areas of operations are:
- Pay Television: direct-to-home (DStv) satellite and digital terrestrial television (GOtv) services; and
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets
Operating in most African countries, Video Entertainment is the leading Pay TV provider in most of the key African markets. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are. The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Over the years Video Entertainment has built a successful track record of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
- Build its Pay TV, TVOD and SVOD subscriber base
- Focus on investment and technology
- Maintain a local approach to content
- Provide quality service
- Attract innovative and motivated employees
(Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organisation’s mission and strategy)
- Drive to achieve set sales, retention, churn win back and survey targets for Retention Consultants and performance manage them in line with the retention strategy.
- Supervise outbound calls and ensure service levels are achieved
- Ensure adherence to assigned retention script and provide recommendations to any changes Ensure all surveys are recorded and QA’ed
- Ensure all QA feedback is included in daily coaching and performance measurement
- Ensure regular training, refreshers and assessments of all staff
- Ensure the maintenance of and clean up Subscriber database
- Resolve escalated Customer retention Queries /Complaints
- Ensure and manage the achievement of Customer Service Standards
- Ensure adherence to Quality assurance procedure as a tool for measuring service
- Manage the proactive engagement with loyal and high risk customers and educate/advise them on available alternatives (products, services and promotions).
- Manage customer life cycle program
- Submit daily , weekly ,monthly and yearly reports on team’s performance
- Engage with inter departmental areas with the aim of collectively achieving the business targets.
- Conduct and manage in/outbound call campaigns to inactive subscribers
- Compile and analyse feedback from customers on issues experienced which result in churn and provide feedback to management
- Execute ad-hoc churn and retention campaigns
- Effectively supervise the upsell and cross selling of products and services through the use of rapport building, probing needs and suggest alternatives.
- Respond to incoming request for cancellation of service (e.g.: debit orders; value added benefits) and persuade customers to take up other available options.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree (added)
- Sales & Marketing Understanding
- Tele marketing experience
- Churn win back experience
- Sound knowledge of Customer Care Policies and Procedures
- Sound Knowledge of the Business Policies, Processes and Work Instructions
- Product/Services knowledge
- Financial Understanding
- Technical Understanding
- Systems knowledge (IBS)
- MultiChoice Africa business knowledge
- Market/Customer knowledge
- Product/service knowledge
- Competitor knowledge
- Marketing aptitude
- People management
- Broadcast Media
- Customer Service