A list of opportunities flying across the globe for Africa entrepreneurs, businesses and startups. Dig into them and be sure to apply for opportunities that suit you most.
Google Africa Scholarship Programme
In partnership with Udacity, Google is providing an opportunity for African developers to earn valuable skills to launch or advance their career as a mobile or web developer.
Successful applicants will be placed in one of two tracks (beginner or intermediate), depending on existing skills and experience. Top students from each track will earn full scholarships to one of Google’s Android or Web Development Nanodegree programmes.
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- You must live in a country in Africa.
The application’s due date is April 24th, 2018 so if you find this interesting visit the website to apply.
ChallengeRocket — Anita’s Moonshot Codeathon! ($27,250)
The main goal of this online codeathon is to bring women from interdisciplinary backgrounds to produce a creative solution to a socio-cultural or socio-economic problem. Simply, a diverse team is needed to solve a problem in their community with the online hackathon. No coding experience is needed to be part of a team.
- Both individuals and teams can compete, but they must identify as a woman.
- A maximum number of contestants in one team is 5 people
- You need not have a coding experience
- A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
- Winners get $27,250 grand prize
- Grand Prize Winners attend Grace Hopper Celebration 2018!
How to apply
if you are a female and interested in using technology to solve problems, visit the website immediately.