You will have heard the saying ‘Cleanliness is next to godliness’, where godliness is referred to as a highly valued attitude.
Cleanliness is exceedingly important for health. Cleanliness disables and also kills very tiny organisms (micro-organisms) which can cause disease. Personal cleanliness does not require much effort.
1. Cleanliness of Hair: We must keep our hair clean to stop parasites, such as lice, from living in it.
2. Cleanliness of the Teeth: You should clean your teeth early in morning and at night before going to bed.
3. Cleanliness of Skin: Your skin is the covering of your body. It therefore, deserves your attention. Your skin secretes sweat and sweat can cause unpleasant smell.
4. Cleanliness of Clothes: Your clothes are worn close to your skin, so you should also care for your clothing. Clothes absorb sweat and part of dead skin cells.
5. Cleanliness of Hands and Nails: Your hands are used to do many things. In the course of the day, they can become dirty and may harbour harmful micro-organisms. The washing of hands before meals and after going to the toilet or handing dirty things is a habit worth forming. You should also cut your nails low always, as dirt and micro-organisms can lodge beneath long nails.
With these five points of mine, you should be able to maintain personal hygiene.